Renovation + Design
Are you considering renovating your home or adding an addition to your house? Are you considering making your secondary home (usually a cottage that is not 100% functional for daily living) your new primary residence? An important first step is a Space Plan.
Cerulean will work with you to create a new floor plan with clearly identified zones that considers all possible uses of your space given your needs and desires. A careful analysis of the space along with your functional needs are essential in optimizing the space you have (or are going to have). Some things we consider are:
- Purpose of each space
- Who uses space
- New spaces needed (additional bedrooms, a powder room, eating area, etc)
- Traffic/circulation patterns
- Connections between spaces
- Accessibility + aging in place
Once all needs are identified, Cerulean will then create a to-scale drawing (view some space plans here) complete with all fixed elements (windows, doors, fireplace, built-ins, etc), clearly identified zones (eating, entertaining, sleeping, etc), sample furniture placement, and preliminary kitchen/bathroom layouts (if part of the space in question).
Cerulean can also include the design elements of your new space:
- Flooring (tile, wood, vinyl, carpet, etc)
- Fireplace finishes (brick, mantel material, etc)
- Window Treatments (blinds, etc)
- Wall coverings (wall paper, shiplap, wainscoting)
- Ceiling finishes (beams, cedar slats, coffered, etc)
- Lighting (for all rooms – ceiling, wall mounts, specialty lighting)
- Doors and trim style
- Colour Palette (wall colours) + Paint Schedule
- Kitchen (cabinetry, countertop, tile, fittings, etc)
- Bathroom (cabinetry, countertop, tile, fittings, etc)
- Built-in (cabinetry)
From an entire reconfiguration of your home to a revamp of space due to an addition, Space Plans help you determine the possibilities before you engage a General Contractor. It saves you time and money.
Visit my Portfolio to view the variety of space plans I have created – from full condos and studio apartments to individual rooms.
The design fee for this service varies on the size/scale of the space as well as the design services added.
Visit my Contact page and let’s talk about your renovation!